Author Topic: Driving Range Get-2-Gether @ Monterez  (Read 25798 times)

Offline Budakboy

• Golf Golf Golf and .....
  • Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
  • www.MalaysianGolfer.org
  • Club: KGSS
  • Handicap: 18
Re: Driving Range Get-2-Gether @ Monterez
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
Amin Amin Amin hehehe :o Insyaallah walaupun maybe buat masa nie tak dapat nak join the aktiviti, but still will give support maa. Lately little bit busy with primary job (aii cakap busy, email bulih plak? hehe). Ini pun curi2 laa...Keje is keje, golf is golf hehe... ;)

Offline IrwanMonterez

• ***GOLF PRO***
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
    • www.aga.com.my
  • Club: KGNS, Kelab Rahman Putra
  • Handicap: 0 (Golf Pro)
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »
lu mmg best la..cheers..tapi masih belom ada cadangan ke..nak bergather di mana?

Offline Budakboy

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »
Yer la, em sebelum nie group kita dah pernah buat kat mana yer? Any gathering before?

Offline Budakboy

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
Irwan this was review i read bout Our Monterez GC.

http://gilagolf.wordpress.com/2007/12/09/monterez-gcc/

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »

Dunno if Irwan read it but after reading the review, i think it's a bit overly exaggerated ...

Monterez course if you are able to consistently hit the ball straight, with proper selection of clubs should be both enjoyable & challenging. No doubt the fairways are a bit tight & narrow but they are not that long either.

A sensible golfer with common sense course management should be able to get good scores here ( hehehe!!! but not me though ... i'm one reckless golfer) ...

Also a 3 wood should suffice to clear the water hazards ...

Anyway! Don't quite agree with the review though!!!

For example, the writer wrote this ...

"We’ve already decided we’re not into courses that are stingy on their spaces, and Monterez is definitely one course that’s absolutely, the epitome of stinginess."

Hey!!! The course was intentionally designed to be tight and narrow ... that's where the challenge lies but the tightness of the course is being compensated its length ... it isn't that long..

So, its not a question of being stingy on space ... Duh!!!

He also wrote:

"Monterez is build with space issues, so much like the Nameless Course in Seremban 3, so the fairways are tight, narrow and full of OBs. I honestly hate courses that have OBs all over the place. I for one, was already struggling with my drive, so if we could resort to a 5 wood it’d be good, but no, the course has to put in so many holes with 170 - 180 to clear water from the tee, forcing us to go for driver. I understand that’s the course challenge, and I can hit my 5 wood about 190 m, but still a mishit will land it in the drink. I understand the course wants us to manage it, to think our way around, but seriously, most men are wired with one thought, take out the One and hit it. I’m quite smart I think in general, but when it comes to golf, I’m an imbecile. Like Curly, I’ll keep doing the one thing that gets me into trouble over and over and over and over…."

Well!!! All I can say is ... Don't blame the design of the golf course if you're such a bad driver and you're consistently slicing the ball and getting OBs all the time ... Go play at Bukit Kemunting or Tasik Puteri then!

And if I'm not mistaken, there's only 3 holes that requires you "clear the water" from the tee... So kinda misleading here ...

I'm into factual reporting ...  ;)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:23:50 PM by mrfeelgood »

Offline Budakboy

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »
Yer ker...em nanti saya pg test sana. Em tak sabarnyer hehe

Offline ksyc13

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Kelab Mana Saja
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »

I've played at Monterez GCC numerous times. Yes! Monterez is tight and you'll get golf balls criss-crossing the fairways because they're so close to each other.

BUt this course is intended to be short and narrow. It was intentionally designed that way, so if you're getting your golf balls wet all the time and keep on missing fairways, don't blame the course. Go back to the driving range and work on your golf swings!

Don't quite agree with the review.

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war ..."

Offline idzil

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • I"M YOUR TRIPLE BOOGIE MAN!!!
  • Handicap: 12
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »
hey guys!!! i'm planning to arrange a get-2-gether at monterez driving range .. sometime soon... what do you guys think? any dates/time you all prefer?

jadi ke tak ni?

Offline IrwanMonterez

• ***GOLF PRO***
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
    • www.aga.com.my
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »
Sorry geng lama x online...ada project baru..anyways about the article theres only 1 thing that i can say is
GET A COACH TO TRAIN SO THAT U CAN HIT FURTHER & STRAIGHTER AND ALSO THE COACH CAN ACTUALLY TEACH U HOW TO PLAY THE GAME...dont blame the course....

About our gathering my dear friends..how bout we meet up at Monterez driving range and i'll prepare some snacks..ok ka..Time = 3rd jan on Saturday ok?

Offline amir

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Kelabu Malami
  • Handicap: 10
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 03:04:36 PM »
Sorry geng lama x online...ada project baru..anyways about the article theres only 1 thing that i can say is
GET A COACH TO TRAIN SO THAT U CAN HIT FURTHER & STRAIGHTER AND ALSO THE COACH CAN ACTUALLY TEACH U HOW TO PLAY THE GAME...dont blame the course....

About our gathering my dear friends..how bout we meet up at Monterez driving range and i'll prepare some snacks..ok ka..Time = 3rd jan on Saturday ok?

akhir nya .... sedara irwan kita buat gak get-2-gether ... dpt free lessons tak kalau datang?
"Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad". A.A. Milne

Offline amir

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Kelabu Malami
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 03:05:46 PM »

eh!!! pukul brapa daaa?
"Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad". A.A. Milne

Offline IrwanMonterez

• ***GOLF PRO***
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
    • www.aga.com.my
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
Free lesson no prob...11am ok ka?

Offline jebatswing

• Cookie Points +0/-0
  • Club: Sana Sini!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 11:55:33 PM »

Hi Irwan! So your driving range get together will on Saturday, 3rd January at 11.00 am at Monterez? Hopefully I can join you guys ... errr!!! irwan, selain dari free lessons, brapa bakul bola dpt pukul free pada hari tu?  ;D ;D ;D 
Golf Should Be Played.......No Watched

Offline Budakboy

• Verified Member
  • Cookie Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »
Alamak 3hb kaa, takpa2 hampa buat dulu, saya ingat nak buat gathering lagi on pertengahan or hujung bulan Januari (ala kita buat monthly even la hehe). Saya nak invite all my group members to gather there at Monterez. Kita boleh combine group gathering kakigolf + MalaysianGolferGroup hehe...saya kata kat depa Irwan ada special diskaon price there, semua teus angkat tangan hehe...amacam semua setuju buat lagi on that time. Sory saya tak dapat join on 3rd, balik cuti kampung. Anyway happy driving range hehe... ;D

Offline mrfeelgood

• ADMINISTRATOR
  • Founder
  • Cookie Points +1/-0
  • ITS NOT HOW YOU DRIVE, ITS HOW YOU ARRIVE!!!
    • KakiGolf
  • Club: Kelab KakiGolf
  • Handicap: 17
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 11:19:39 AM »
Alamak 3hb kaa, takpa2 hampa buat dulu, saya ingat nak buat gathering lagi on pertengahan or hujung bulan Januari (ala kita buat monthly even la hehe). Saya nak invite all my group members to gather there at Monterez. Kita boleh combine group gathering kakigolf + MalaysianGolferGroup hehe...saya kata kat depa Irwan ada special diskaon price there, semua teus angkat tangan hehe...amacam semua setuju buat lagi on that time. Sory saya tak dapat join on 3rd, balik cuti kampung. Anyway happy driving range hehe... ;D

lerrrr!!! awat takly mai? Irwan dah siapkan bunga mangga ngn kompang skali nak sambut kedatangan hang ..... tetiba hang takly mai pulok dah!!!   ;) ;)